If you're a beginner, then this style probably looks a little more difficult than it really is. It's actually really easy! Follow these instructions to see how it's done.
- If you do not know how to cornrow, check out our Cornrowing for Beginners post.
- If you do not know how to do a three strand twist, check out our video tutorial.
- Part 4 "triangles" in the hair. One on top, one in the back, and one on each side. Make the top and back triangle wider than the side triangles because you will be parting hair out of those sections.
- Go ahead and put your two side triangles in a ponytail and twist them up. I decided to do three strand twists instead of two strand twists.
Here is a side by side comparison shot of two strand and three strand twists.
- Part a little hair out of the top triangle from the left side, continue parting down to your back triangle from the right side. Cornrow that section all the way back.
- Repeat above step on the other side. You will have to cross this cornrow over the first cornrow you already did, just pick up where you left off.
- Put your top and back section in a ponytail and twist it up.
- I added a few beads on the ends of each twist and cornrow. That's it! All done!